Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a member of Del Norte Credit Union (DNCU) prior to the application deadline.
– Interested in becoming a DNCU member? You can become a member by stopping by one of our DNCU Branches or calling 505-455-5228 or 877-818-3628 toll-free.
– For members under 18 years old, Parent/Guardian’s authorization is required to open a DNCU Youth Account.
- Be a high school senior, equivalent home-school senior, or a recipient of a GED received in same year of higher education enrollment.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, a statement of goals and aspirations, unusual personal or family circumstances, and an online recommendation. Financial need is not considered.
Although not considered in the selection process, applicants are required to submit an essay that will be sent to Del Norte LOV Foundation for possible promotional purposes.
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America®. In no instance does any officer or employee of the Del Norte LOV Foundation or DNCU play a part in the selection. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients.
All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
Applicants must upload the following in the Scholarship America® Hub:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Scholarship America can accept an unofficial transcript. Grade reports are not accepted. Transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
- One online recommendation form must be submitted on behalf of the applicant no later than March 2, 2022 3:00 pm Central Time. Please note Scholarship America® is located in Central Time and 3:00 PM deadline incorporate this time zone and availability of customer service.
Your application is not complete unless all required materials are submitted electronically.
Del Norte LOV Foundation and DNCU reserve the right to review the conditions and procedures of this scholarship program and to make changes at any time including termination of the program.
The 2022 Del Norte LOV Foundation Scholarship Program Associated With Del Norte Credit Union application will open on January 12, 2022 through February 25, 2022 3:00 pm Central Time.
Please note Scholarship America® is located in Central Time and 3:00 PM deadline incorporate this time zone and availability of customer service.
Applications Now Closed
Click on the Scholarship America® Hub Portal* to:
• Learn about additional requirements
• Create your online account
• Submit your application.
*Google Chrome is recommended for proper application submission.
All applicants will be notified in mid-April, 2022.
If awarded, Scholarship America® processes scholarship payments on behalf of the Del Norte LOV Foundation associated with DNCU in early August.
Program Administration and Partnership with Scholarship America®
Del Norte LOV Foundation Scholarship Program Associated with Del Norte Credit Union is administered by Scholarship America®, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance, and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals. Eligibility for individual programs is determined at the sole discretion of the sponsor, and eligible applications are reviewed by Scholarship America’s evaluation team. Awards for this scholarship are granted to eligible recipients without regard to creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin.
Del Norte LOV Foundation Scholarship Program Associated with Del Norte Credit Union is administered by Scholarship America® and uses, Scholarship America® Hub, https://learnmore.scholarsapply.org/delnorte/ to submit online applications. Mail applications are no longer applicable.
YES. In order to receive a scholarship from Del Norte LOV Foundation Scholarship Program Associated with Del Norte Credit Union, you need to have a DNCU account. The account must be opened prior to the deadline date.
Interested in joining DNCU? Get more information and apply today.
YES. If you are under the age of 18, make sure your parents are available to share their information and to open a DNCU account for you.
A school counselor, advisor, teacher or work supervisor that knows you well must fill out this section. A recommender cannot be a family member. Make sure you give them enough time to fill out and then return to you in order to turn in on time.
It is no longer required for a school official to sign off on the required transcript of grades. Nowadays, Scholarship America can accept an unofficial transcript. Make sure to upload a current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
If you have an ACT or SAT score please fill out your scores in the application. If you have not taken the tests, you can leave this section blank as it will not affect your eligibility or score.
Note: Please do not include any confidential information such as passwords in your message.
Scholarships Contact Form
— Chicqueeta W., DNCU scholarship recipient
This scholarship will help me achieve my goal of becoming a nurse, but it will also give me an opportunity to give back to underserved communities, much like the one I was raised in back home, in Washington D.C.
Young And Fun. An Account That Reflects You.
Get the ultimate account for those aged 18 – 25. No monthly fees, first twenty ATM fees free, free online bill pay, no minimum balance requirement and much more make the Free4Me account at DNCU your best choice for checking accounts.
*GED must be received in the same year enrolled in higher education courses.