Del Norte LOV Foundation Announces Recipients
Of 2021 Fall Cycle Community Grant-Making Program
Santa Fe, New Mexico, December 1, 2021 – The Del Norte LOV (Living Our Vision) Foundation, an independent 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization associated with Del Norte Credit Union (DNCU), has announced the five nonprofit organization recipients of its 2021 Fall Cycle Del Norte LOV Foundation Community Grant-Making Program. Each nonprofit organization grantee will receive $2,500 in charitable funds towards their programming.
The Del Norte LOV Foundation, with the assistance of the DNCU Employee Foundation Committee, reviewed a variety of applications that were submitted during the fall cycle’s request for proposal period. The Committee identified organizations that are committed to improving the lives of youth and families in New Mexico in the program impact areas of at-risk youth, arts & culture, community enrichment, and education & S.T.E.M.
2021 Fall Cycle Community Grant-Making Program Recipients
- At-Risk Youth Grant Award: Luciente, Inc. to support their School Food Pantries Program
- At-Risk Youth Grant Award: Santa Fe Public Schools – Adelante with fiscal sponsor Partners in Education Foundation for Santa Fe Public Schools to support their Clothes for Kids and Families Program
- Community Enrichment Grant Award: INSIDE OUT to support their Educational Group Assistance Program
- Arts & Culture Grant Award: The Santa Fe Symphony Orchestra & Chorus to support their Santa Fe Symphony Discovery Concerts Program
- Education & STEM Grant Award: Ignited Minds to support their Monte del Sol Charter School Tutoring Program
“Each season, we are both amazed and humbled by the number of organizations that are rising to meet the high level of need in New Mexico. It’s our privilege to contribute to these efforts with our community grant-making program,” explained Connie Tooker Nuñez, Del Norte LOV Foundation Director.
Funding for the 2021 Del Norte LOV Foundation Community Grant-Making program is a combination of community donations and Teen Day Tuesday funds, the DNCU employee payroll deduction giving initiative.
About Del Norte LOV Foundation
The Del Norte LOV Foundation is a registered 501(c)3 public charity nonprofit organization. The mission of the Del Norte LOV Foundation is to improve lives of youth and families in New Mexico. The Del Norte LOV Foundation implements its vision as an active advocate of financial literacy and education that supports the youth and its commitment to helping communities in New Mexico succeed through its community support programs, including: Employee Giving, Special Fundraising, Scholarships, Sponsorships, Grant-making, and Community Engagement. Learn more at: www.dncu.com/community-engagement/dncu-lov-foundation/.
About Del Norte Credit Union
Chartered in 1954, Del Norte Credit Union is a not-for-profit credit union based in New Mexico with a mission of Improving Lives. DNCU offers a wide variety of products and services designed to make members achieve financial success. Today DNCU serves more than 57,000 members throughout New Mexico and the United States.