Santa Fe, New Mexico, June 2, 2023 – The Del Norte LOV (Living Our Vision) Foundation, an independent 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization associated with Del Norte Credit Union (DNCU), has announced the five nonprofit organization recipients of its 2023 Spring Cycle Del Norte LOV Foundation Community Grant-Making Program. Each nonprofit organization grantee will receive $2,500 in charitable funds in support of their organization’s mission.
The Del Norte LOV Foundation, with the assistance of the DNCU Employee Foundation Committee, reviewed applications that were submitted during the spring cycle’s request for proposal period. The Committee identified organizations that are committed to improving the lives of youth and families in New Mexico in the program impact areas of at-risk youth, arts & culture, community enrichment, and education & S.T.E.M.
2023 Spring Cycle Community Grant-Making Program Recipients
- At-Risk Youth Grant Award: CASA Partners 4NMKIDS, Inc. to support their Back-to-School Support for Foster Children program
- At-Risk Youth Grant Award: Santa Fe Public Schools to support their Parent Academy Newcomers Supports program
- Community Enrichment Grant Award: San Martin de Porres Soup Kitchen to support their Community Leaders Emergency Services (CLES) for Indigent Families program
- Arts & Culture Grant Award: Partners in Education Foundation for the Santa Fe Public Schools to support their ArtWorks Program – Providing Experiential Arts Education to SFPS Students program
- Education & STEM Grant Award: Embudo Valley Tutoring Association to support their Intensive Tutoring/mentoring for K-6 Students at Velarde Elementary School program
“The Del Norte LOV Foundation has the privilege of considering some of the most innovative efforts to elevate the quality of life for New Mexico youth and families,” explained Connie Tooker Nuñez, Del Norte LOV Foundation Director. “This season’s cycle is another reminder of the level of commitment to community that we’re proud to support with these contributions.”
Funding for the 2023 Del Norte LOV Foundation Community Grant-Making program is a combination of community donations and Teen Day Tuesday funds, the DNCU employee payroll deduction giving initiative.
About Del Norte LOV Foundation
The Del Norte LOV Foundation is a registered 501(c)3 public charity nonprofit organization. The mission of the Del Norte LOV Foundation is to improve lives of youth and families in New Mexico. The Del Norte LOV Foundation implements its vision as an active advocate of financial literacy and education that supports the youth and its commitment to helping communities in New Mexico succeed through its community support programs, including: Employee Giving, Special Fundraising, Scholarships, Sponsorships, Grant-making, and Community Engagement. Learn more at: www.dncu.com/community-engagement/dncu-lov-foundation/.
About Del Norte Credit Union
Chartered in 1954, Del Norte Credit Union is a not-for-profit credit union based in New Mexico with a mission of Improving Lives. DNCU offers a wide variety of products and services designed to make members achieve financial success. Today, DNCU serves more than 63,000 members throughout New Mexico and the United States.
MEDIA CONTACT: Matthew Ruybal | [email protected] | 505-455-5106